You must enable developer mode before you can test using the SmartThings app.
- Launch the SmartThings app.
- Tap the Menu tab on the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap the Settings gear icon. The SmartThings settings menu will appear.
- Long-press About SmartThings for 5 seconds. A developer mode toggle will appear in the settings menu.
- Enable Developer Mode.
- Restart the SmartThings app.
In order to install your Service with the SmartThings app, you will need to deploy to test from the Developer Workspace.
In the Developer Workspace Overview section, click Deploy to Test. After creating your Service and deploying to test in the Developer Workspace, the Service information is sent to the SmartThings Cloud.
Your Service will now appear in the SmartThings app when signed in to the app with your Samsung developer account, allowing you to install your Device from the SmartThings app.
Deploying your Connected Service to test does not mean your Service is published. When you deploy your Service to test, only the Samsung developer account used to deploy to test will be able to install the Service from the SmartThings app, and only after enabling developer mode in the SmartThings app.
After creating your Connected Service, registering and deploying to test in Developer Workspace, you are ready to test with the SmartThings app.
In the Developer Workspace Test menu, click Live Logging to access a live capture of events from your Service. Use live logging as a companion tool to learn more about the behaviors of your Service and to help troubleshoot issues, using the error messages included in generated events.
To test with the SmartThings app:
- Launch the SmartThings app. Your SmartThings app and Developer Workspace must be signed into the same account.
- Ensure developer mode is enabled in the SmartThings app.
- Go to the SmartApps section and click ADD SMARTAPP.
If you have your company's Manufacture ID (MNID), you can install any Services your company has deployed.
- Under Custom, tap on the Automation app to install it.
- Test your Service.